Saturday, May 23, 2015

Weekend Bookend

Here is this week's edition of Weekend Bookend!


Read this year:
"Taking Flight" by Michaela DePrince



In honor of my dance studio's 21st recital this week, here is a ballet bio I read earlier this year. Michaela was featured in the documentary "First Position" and I found her story inspiring and delightful. Dancers and non-dancers alike will enjoy her journey from an African orphanage to the American stage.


Want to Read:
"Off the Page" by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer





I first heard about this book when listening to a recent episode of "Beaks & Geeks." Jodi and Samantha were guests on the episode and aside from them being hilarious as a mother-daughter writing team, I found the concept of the book fresh and unique. It did remind me of Natalie Babbit's book "The Great Good Thing," so I'm interested to see how the plots compare.

If you enjoy books and/or writing, Beaks and Geeks is a great podcast to add to your list. The interviews feature authors across all genres on what inspires them and what gets the words from their brain to the page. I learn something new every episode!

That's all! Have a great Memorial Day weekend! Thanks to all who serve and sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment