Monday, May 18, 2015

A Handful of Quietness

"Better is a handful of quietness than two hands full of toil and a striving after wind." Ecclesiastes 4:6

I came across this verse in Ecclesiastes last week and it encouraged...and yet frustrated me at the same time. We all experience seasons of quiet and seasons of busy, but often, it seems to be the season of quiet that is hardest to grip. We want things to do, things to happen, things to move and we want it done yesterday. That is the language we speak.



We are hardly fluent in the language of quiet.

God has given me a handful of quietness for right now, and honestly at times I haven't handled it well. But this verse reminded me there is purpose and dignity in a handful of quietness.


Whatever you find in your hand at this time, walk in step with God and seek what He teaching you in this season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment