Friday, May 15, 2015

Weekend Bookend

Welcome to this week's edition of Weekend Bookend. Here's what I've got for you today:


Read this year:
"Mary Magdalene" by Diana Wallis Taylor



This went on sale for Kindle and Kurtis bought it for me, and it turned out to be quite the engaging story. Yes it's fiction, but what was added for the story line honored Biblical accounts. Gave great insight into emotions behind the stories we are so familiar with. Read this in like, 2 days.

"A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeleine L'Engle



Somehow I never read this growing up but when I read it earlier this year, I was thoroughly delighted by it. Another quick read. Loved how different, yet familiar it was, challenging to achieve in any genre.

Want to Read:
"The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo





So this was on my want to read list, but we ordered it over the weekend and I already started reading it. It's very different than anything I've read. I don't agree with everything she has to say, but I'm definitely willing to try out some of her ideas, once our bathroom projects are finished. There are a ton of pics online of before and after pictures of folks trying out her method, and that helps to visualize her concepts.

"The Case for Grace" by Lee Strobel



I love Strobel's work and I'm passionate about embracing the concept of grace in our walk with Jesus Christ. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment