Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Essentials

 I've never done a post like this before, but my Mom gave me this idea and I thought I'd give it a try :)  Contents of my makeup bag in my purse are pictured below. I've explained some of the items...so enjoy! 


First cool thing are my hair bands in the middle! From On a Whim, these ponytail holders don't leave a crease in your hair. Not dance competition grade, but def a good find for everyday use.

Check out my way cool mini scissors. They fold up...but it's tricky to fold them up so I just leave them unfolded...anyway, they belonged to my great-grandma! She was known for being super prepared haha.

The yellow tube is awesome hand lotion. Brand is Love and Toast by Margot Elena, in Mandarin Tea scent. I had never tried this brand before my boyfriend's mom gave it to me, and it's a winner!  

Ibuprofen...DERRRR.

I love my swirly mirror...found it when we had a garage sale at my Grammy's.

Touch-up makeup...I try to keep it simple!
*Full-coverage kabuki brush (Bare Escentuals)
My Mom gave me this and it's pretty much my favorite brush ever. If I'm gone for most of the day, I throw in my mineral foundation.
*High Impact mascara (Clinque) Thank you Leah K.!
*Pretty Amazing lipgloss in Fearless (Bare Minerals)
I'm not a huge lipstick fan, I almost always opt for tinted lipgloss and this one is actually pretty amazing. Doesn't leave gunk on yo lips!
*Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink Velvet (Revlon)
With that said, this is a lipstick that I like. It's not an overwhelming color and stays nicely.

Blistex Deep Renewal. I am so picky about lip balm, it's not funny. This one, I really like. It actually is moisturizing and does not leave goo on your lips after 30 minutes, which some Burt's Bees does. Also, it doesn't have an aftertaste of sunscreen, which Softlips has, and it seems like if I apply Softlips before bed, I wake up with my lips drier than ever before. This particular Blistex has a better aroma than Carmex, though we all know Carmex is tried and true. See how this is the longest paragraph?? About LIP BALM. Gah. Ok, moving on..

Oil blotting sheets. I do not leave the house without these. My skin needs the help throughout the day. Literally everyone I meet is SHOCKED that I'm 22. I'm going to say my "highly moisturized" skin is the reason for my "youthful" appearance.  Haha.

Bobby pins. I am a dancer, and I will always have bobby pins with me.

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite blog topics ever! I love peeking into makeup bags and seeing the must-have things everybody loves. So what's that under the Clinique mascara?

    I love that you have your great grandma's scissors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...it looks like it might be one of my eye shadow brushes. I got a set at Whole Foods of all places and have been pleased! Brand is Eco Tools.

    ReplyDelete