Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Word from a Pro

In class Tuesday, we had another UCO prof share his bytes of wisdom on making your own mark in the blogosphere.

Kurt Hochenauer launched the Okie Funk blog in May 2004 and continues to provide liberal political commentary (along with other commentary!) today.

I admire that he has kept up this blog for so long! He also manages another blog, Blue Oklahoma.

I also found it interesting that he set up a login system for viewers to comment on his blog. This was in effort to combat the deluge of spam comments. I don't believe my little blog has enough traffic (yet?!) to worry about this...haha!

The main thing that I was impressed by was his commitment and consistency to posting, for that obviously makes for a dependable source for viewers to regularly check. It takes a lot of effort and a bit of planning, but to me, that is one of the main reasons for having a blog in the first place IS too post regularly.




No comments:

Post a Comment