Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Linked In!

For our second class assignment, we are talking about some common blog tips and how we could improve our blog: addressing everything from typography to content to the use of bullets and links.

One of the many posts that addresses the use of links is Heidi Cohen's article on basic blog tips. I need more links! So I'll start with this post. Be looking for an improved use of links in the posts to come.

Check out the blog that I am following for this class. I found this blog through Pinterest. I really like the family aspect of this blog since it's a way for these sisters to be connected, even if they don't all live under the same roof.

And this adorable blog. Another Pinterest find, she harnesses the use of internal links as she posts multiple videos of outfits and hair-do tutorials. She can link back to previous posts of what products she uses in her hair or how she did her makeup.

Finally, I will be working the next few days on tagging my own articles so you can search for keywords within my own blog. Cohen's article terms these "internal links," which I think is a really good way of describing them.

Happy Linking!


3 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of the six sisters! If I could get my sisters to work a computer correctly, I would have them do something like that with me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how linking cleans up a page. I'm glad we learned about it. We look like we know a lot anyway haha.

    ReplyDelete