Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Year 1, Lesson 2


Lesson #2: "The greatest barrier to communication is assuming that it took place." 

What?! He can't read my mind?! 


Earth-shattering, right? But so true. This isn't late-breaking news or anything, but sometimes we make things so complicated! 
Keeping healthy communication lines open truly helps to solve a majority of problems. Just because you love someone and live under the same roof doesn't mean you can read each other's minds. 
I have to constantly remind myself that if something bothers me, I have to be a grown-up and use appropriate words to communicate that. 
If I appreciate something that someone has done, I also have to use appropriate words to communicate that. 
It's a constant process...a constant refining of how we communicate with each other and those around us- nothing wrong with that! 


Guess what...I can't read his mind either...

2 comments:

  1. This is so true! The silent "guessing game" of what is wrong does not help, nor obsessing over it. I have learned that this is true with all relationships: with friends, family, boyfriends, husbands (for those who have one :)). I am so glad that you posted this! I have to remind myself of this daily! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true- it doesn't accomplish anything! Glad you enjoyed it dear Heather! Miss you toooo!

    ReplyDelete