Monday, October 28, 2013

Year 1, Lesson 1

Nearly 365 days have passed since we became Mr. and Mrs. Hanni.



The year has flown by, and yet it feels like we've been married for years already (in a good way!)

This week, I thought I would share some favorite moments and lessons learned over our first year of marriage.

Lesson #1: A dish is not a "meal" unless it has meat. Unless the dish is being served past 9:00 p.m., lighter fares are then accepted as a "meal." This may not seem like a big deal to you, but it is BIG DEAL to someone-ahem Kurtis-who shall remain nameless.

First grocery list!

Grocery shopping and dishwashing can get old, so I try to not focus too much on the "un-fun" aspects of the job, but instead on the giddy grin of my husband when he and I try a new dish or sit down to a favorite.

That never gets old!






2 comments:

  1. you are already learning the importance of serving without expectation. It's definitely worth it to learn the joys of serving your spouse and not to feel resentment for the un-fun part of the task. The best lesson I learned was that taking care of my family was my tangible way of showing love. Once I started viewing each meal, each load of laundry, each dish washed, and each floor cleaned as little acts of love it became less of a burden and more of a joy. You are on your way to becoming a wonderful homemaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Thank you for your kind words Ginger! :-)

    ReplyDelete