Wednesday, April 2, 2014

24

No, this post is not about Jack Bauer.

Today is my birthday and in honor of turning 24, here are 24 factoids about me ;-)

My mom's water broke the evening of April 1st, but she didn't have me until later in the day on the 2nd. I could have been an April's Fool baby, but I wasn't. Thanks Mom!

I am 1/4 Japanese, dad's side.

I've never colored my hair (only gotten highlights once).

I like making lists.

Actually, I love making lists.

I have vandalized school property. Intentionally. In a minor fashion, but it was therapeutic.

I have become more introverted the older I've gotten. I talked a lot when I was little. Like, a lot.

When I was 4, I founded "The Prissy Club." Only Virginia Taylor and myself were members.

I am published! Two of my devotions appear in the book "Big Dreams from Small Spaces," published by Group Publishing. My ultimate goal is publish a devo book for little kids.

Drowning/suffocating and snakes are my biggest fears.

And thanks to this last winter, I now loathe driving on ice.

#teamsweettea all the way. And no, unsweet tea with "sweetener" is NOT the same thing.

In the last year, I rediscovered my love of reading.

I was homeschooled. 

If you don't know me well, you read that and thought "Wow! But she's...normal!"

Or maybe you didn't. That's okay too.

I have a weakness for cosmetic bags and office supplies. Both obsessions started young.

Grammar Nazi. 

I met my husband on a blind date...a mutual friend set us up...after she had dreamed (repeatedly) we were married. We were engaged in 8 months. When you know, you know!

Psalms, Hebrews and Romans are my favorite books of the Bible.

Anchors are my life symbol. Hebrews 6:19

I love checking the mail.

When I lived with my parents, one of my main household chores was to do the dishes. I was nicknamed "The Dish Fairy." I can't wait to have a kid who can be my dish fairy. Haha!

Speaking of nicknames, I didn't really have nicknames growing up. I was just Samantha. That's still my preference. A select few get to call me Sam or Sammi ;) And they know who they are.

Love,
Samantha












3 comments:

  1. Good Evening! Happy Belated Birthday (by the way). I enjoyed reading your most recent post! It appears you and I have some common interests (God being the main one!). I too am married. I would like to follow your blog :) Have a blessed day, and come check me out at my blog sometime!

    -Ashley
    www.penandjournalpassions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you write that devotional for kids please let me know. Would love for Carys to be reading a devotional you wrote someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words, Ginger! :)

    ReplyDelete