Saturday, January 19, 2013

God My Stronghold

I don't know about you, but I feel like our culture has worked overtime in order to outdo each other in deception. We've seen it all in the past 7 days:

Conspiracies. Hoaxes. Lies.

I'm really writing this note to myself, because I wanted to read something that wasn't a hoax, a conspiracy or a lie. If you too are weary of that, please read on.

During my devo time, the Lord brought to mind this old worship song:




"And Lord you are my hope
Because you've created in me
A heart that lives the victory
That you've already won.

"Oh Lord you're my protection from my enemies,
You've set me high upon a rock and you defend my soul.
And when their ways advance against me, I am confident
That they cannot make me less, for you have made me whole."

This is the news story that God want his children to always turn their hearts toward. I can't tell you how this song blessed me this morning.

He is perfect protection.
He is Truth.
He is hope to all who will have Him.

I knew this and I believed this, but my "knower" I guess had to be reminded.

Maybe you don't buy into all this. I would ask you if you aren't tired as well of all the lies. Wouldn't you like for just once something to be true? For something to work out in your favor?


"Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed." 
Lamentations 3:22

I think it's obvious that left to our own devices, devoid of God, we consume each other. 

From Psalm 73, NLT version:

"These fat cats have everything their hearts could wish for!
They scoff and speak only evil; in their pride they seek to crush others.
They boast against the very heavens, and their words strut throughout the earth.
And so the people are dismayed and confused,
drinking in all their words.
'What does God know?' they ask.
'Does the Most High even know what's happening?'

Yes, He does. 

"Truly, you put them on a slippery path and send them sliding over the cliff to destruction.
Then I realized that my heart was bitter, and I was all torn up inside...
Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand.
Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth.
My health may fail, and my spirit grow weak,
but GOD remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever."


Be encouraged, friends. God is still on the throne.

I don't know about you, but that's the best news I've read all week. 






No comments:

Post a Comment