Monday, August 20, 2012

10 Things God Will (Most Likely) Never Say

I don’t know about you, but I love making lists of my favorite things.  Top 10 Books, Favorite Foods, Top Dream Vacations, 10 Random Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Me; you name it, I have probably made a list for it.

It’s human nature to list things; it’s one way we can define ourselves and put parameters around our lives. Lists are tangible.

Our desire for the tangible can get us in trouble when we relate to God.  God does not think how we think, nor does he approach schedules and situations (if He even calls them that) how we, our family, or our friends approach them. 

Here is a list of phrases that though we may say them all the time, we will never ever hear God say:

  1. “Oops!”
  2. “Wait…what?”
  3. “Wait…who?”
  4.  “Oh, crap!”
  5. “Well, that was stupid of me.”
  6. “I guess I forgot…”
  7. “If at first I don’t succeed…”
  8. “My alarm didn’t go off…I guess.”
  9. “I just didn’t have time.”
  10. “You just don’t understand MY schedule and MY life right now!”

Let’s praise God that he won’t ever say those things!  He is perfect, He never forgets, and He is on top of things. 

Isaiah 50:2 says, “Was my arm too short to ransom you? Do I lack the strength to rescue you? By a mere rebuke I dry up the sea.”

Backing up one chapter, Isaiah 49:15-16 says, “Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.”

Let's face it: we sometimes have Dori-like memories when it comes to how God works in our lives. We're human and mistakes ARE going to be made. However, we must daily (maybe even hourly?) remind ourselves that though we may have our problems with excuses, forgetfulness, and mistakes, God doesn't, and He has promised that His grace is sufficient to cover our weaknesses. Isn’t it cool to have a friend like that?

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and FORGET NOT all his benefits."
Psalm 103:2

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is great!
    It's a fantastic feeling to stumble upon a Christian blogger. I love it! Keep doing what you're doing, because you're doing it right.♥

    ReplyDelete