Saturday, July 21, 2012

Wedding Makeup Challenge



So it's hot...

Anyway, I have set before myself a challenge to try a new makeup product each month before my wedding to find some trusty tools for my big day. 
My pick for the month of July was gel eyeliner by Sonia Kashuk, $10 from Target.
It was advertised in the June 2012 issue of BRIDES and I thought it looked "try-worthy."



Results:

<3 <3 <3

3 out of 5 hearts

It worked okay, but the best results were when I wore it over my regular waterproof eyeliner. It wouldn't smudge onto the top of my eyelid until I had worn it for several hours, so that is an improvement. Still smudged slightly at the corners of my eyes after a few hours.

(Eyeliner brush from The Makeup Bar)


Any suggestions on what to try next month? The 3 products I most want to experiment with are primer, mascara and lipstick.

Stay cool!

1 comment:

  1. You are so smart to be doing this! I didn't really consider my makeup until weeks before the wedding and ended up with a makeup artist who apparently thought smokey-eye was considered "natural." I had to re-do my makeup several times on the day to get it just right since she had also caked my face in powder and concealer. I still felt like I was wearing too much and the look faded pretty quickly after photos were taken.

    ReplyDelete