Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Your Halftime Pep Talk


K guys, it's time for a pep talk. 

We are two weeks away from Spring Break.

We are halfway through the semester.

Spring and sunshine are on their way.

I mean really, you're past the point of no return. The only reasonable choice is to finish. And if you're going to finish, why not finish well?

School will not last forever. While we keep on learning, there is more to life than being a student, so enjoy being a student before you loathe it.  

All assignments don't have to be done in one day. 

You're not the only student with woes. 


I love the different images certain scriptures produce in my mind. One that I've been thinking about lately is in Jeremiah 20. The first part of verse 11 says, "The Lord is with me as a dread warrior..." (ESV). Other translations read "mighty warrior" (NIV) or "dread champion"(NAS). 

How can you NOT feel strengthened and encouraged with a warrior at your side? How can victory in the small and large battles NOT be certain with a warrior at your side?

So get back on the court and finish the semester! 

That's my game plan, and I'll be saying this scripture to myself, and singing Mariah Carey's "100%"

...to myself. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, I really needed to hear that. I am ready for school to be out, but like you said finnish strong.

    ReplyDelete