Monday, March 19, 2012

Have You Thought This?

In yesterday's sermon, my pastor made a comment in passing that captured my attention.


He said something to the effect that as Christians, we need to quit worrying that we are going to stress God out. And I realized this is a fear of mine; not just in my relationship with God but in other relationships too.
It's not always successful, but I do try to NOT stress other people out. 

Usually that's a good thing, sometimes it could be somewhat of a hindrance in close relationships. Nevertheless, I attempt to conduct myself in a manner that doesn't throw everyone else in a whirlwind of drama and chaos.


Thankfully, we don't have to carry this worry into the presence of the Lord.


He has infinite resources and already loves us the most that we can be loved. Unlike us quickly taxed and easily irritated humans, we aren't going to use up His last nerve.

We need to lay down the idea we are going to stress God out and instead rest in Him! How freeing! We don't need another thought that holds us back from drawing deeply from our Savior's resources to fulfill His purpose for our life.




"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
Hebrews 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment