Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Sweet Aroma of Simplicity

I never was the girl who was constantly "whipping something up in the kitchen."

I just wasn't. I showed my creativity through dance, mainly. But I could definitely follow a recipe and get good results. I could plan a meal, purchase the ingredients and make it happen. I also knew that if boys were involved, they needed at least 2 servings allotted to them.

So upon entering marriage, I wasn't starting from square one...exactly.

Things I've Learned:
1. If there is meat somewhere in the meal, my man is happy. Simple enough but...

2. I don't usually know what cut of meat I actually need. (Remember, I would be happy eating chicken every day). I'm getting better though...

3. If I don't go to the store, food doesn't magically appear in the fridge and pantry. There's no thinking "Oh, I'll just wait until..." Nope. Be a big girl and get to the store....

4. Keep things simple.This is true in food prep and cooking, and life in general!

From Pinterest

I'd thought I'd post some recipes that I have had great success with (and are Kurtis approved!)

And they all have the sweet aroma of simplicity.


NOT DESSERTS

The Best BBQ Beef: Click here

Delicious Italian Beef
My mom gave me this seasoning packet and I loved the results! She said she got it at Crest in MWC- I have yet to pick some more up, but here is what the packet looked like:

From louieseasoning.com


Hawaiian Meatballs: Click here
Note: I omitted the green peppers. I also served this up with Jasmine rice and it was super yummy! 


DESSERTS


Yummy Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies: Click here

Snickerdoodle Bread: Click here

Peanut Butter Cookies: Click here






Happy Cooking! 









No comments:

Post a Comment